Nahieli García
Director General
Temaplax
/
View from the Top

Certification Crucial for Clients and Suppliers

By Alejandro Salas | Mon, 07/13/2020 - 05:00

Q: How does Temaplax provide an added-value to its clients in the automotive sector?

A: Temaplax focuses 85 percent of its operations on the automotive sector. The remaining 15 percent is oriented to the medical sector. The company is more flexible when it comes to customer requirements compared to its competitors and has the ability to rapidly respond and anticipate possible issues. We are certified in ISO 9001, which shows our commitment. That, in addition to our 10 years of experience, allows us to provide the best services as a Tier 2 supplier to the industry. Our injection machines range from 55 to 480 tons and we will continue to purchase more equipment to satisfy market requirements.

Part of our appeal is our geographical location in Leon, Guanajuato, that has given us a great advantage over our competitors. In addition, Temaplax has a comprehensive offering based on low prices, high quality and high value-added services, including laboratory tests and metrology. Another factor that has attracted the attention of potential clients is that we are open to work with new ideas, developments and projects. We are not just a supplier, we are a partner to our clients.

Q: What has Temaplax learned from moving from the medical to the automotive sector?

A: Although Temaplax works in both industries, each has different dynamics and challenges. The main obstacle was comprehending how the automotive industry operated and at what pace. Afterward, adapting and professionalizing our operations became essential to remain competitive, combined with the need to develop a good portfolio. Another challenge has been encouraging the commitment and loyalty of our employees to ensure we can provide an added value to clients at all stages of our manufacturing process.

Q: How will the IATF 16949 certification help Temaplax strengthen its value proposition?

A: The automotive industry demands strict quality standards that ensure higher control of productivity, competitiveness and continuous improvement. IATF 16949 has become one of the industry's most significant norms, as it encourages employee training that impacts the quality of their job and the overall results of the company.

 

Temaplax is a Tier 2 automotive manufacturer with more than 10 years of experience. The company certified its plastic injection processes in ISO 9001: 2015 and is working to be certified in IATF 16949

Alejandro Salas Alejandro Salas Senior Editorial Manager