Supply Chain in North America - BMW
Home > Automotive > Video

Supply Chain in North America - BMW

Share it!
Lorenzo Núñez By Lorenzo Núñez | Livestream Producer - Wed, 11/24/2021 - 12:15

BMW´s added value could be summarized in two groups, with 30 percent being added by BMW itself and the remaining 70 percent provided by the supplier network. This supplier network expands to over 50 countries in 4,500 locations with 31 production sites and six BMW component production plants. Every car from BMW group is partly Mexican with 125 suppliers delivering to their San Luis Potosí plant. Oliver Haase, senior Vice President of Purchasing for America of BMW Group, confirms that the despite the country´s great supplier network, challenges remain such as the availability of raw materials, environmental conditions, trade barriers, cost of production and more. BMW Group has resolved these challenges by having safety stock and BMW-Specific inventories available for production, in addition to long-term agreements to secure capacity and transparency in supply chains.

You May Like

Most popular