Delivering Hyper Personalized CX By Orchestrating Experiences
Home > E-Commerce & Retail > News Article

Delivering Hyper Personalized CX By Orchestrating Experiences

Photo by:   MBN
Share it!
Antonio Gozain By Antonio Gozain | Senior Journalist and Industry Analyst - Wed, 11/09/2022 - 19:00

As the retail and service business continues evolving, competition between companies continues increasing. By altering everything from product and experience development to customer service, companies aim to create the ultimate customer experience (CX). In the current hyper personalized landscape, companies must have a customer-centric approach, which is only possible through the orchestration of the customer experience, which in turn is only possible through the orchestration of all selling and communication channels.

“Companies must innovate within the experience. The goal is to create natural user experiences based on identity. This is only possible through the orchestration of different technologies, the application of exponential technologies, such as AI, and a customer-centric approach,” said Óscar Parra, Managing Director México, Genesys.

Customer centricity focuses on providing positive CX before, during and after the sale to drive repeat business, enhance customer loyalty and improve overall business growth. “Sixty-five percent of people trying to buy something online abandon their cart for two reasons: 60 percent of them due to price issues and the other 40 percent due to difficulties in the interaction with the organization. It is all about CX,” said Parra.

Customer service teams must understand the client’s issue and address it, not only when they are facing difficulties but throughout the entire sale process. A customer service team could inadvertently make situations worse if the service is slow and ineffective. If the customer reaches a company through one channel, provides relevant information and this data is lost due to miscommunication between channels, the client will be frustrated and the customer service team will take longer to resolve the query.

During purchase processes, clients interact with different channels, such as brick-and-mortar shops and e-shops. Also, when they contact customer service, they can do it through several channels from phone calls to emails, WhatsApp or website chatbots. Companies usually grow in silos, from technology and in-house processes to sales and marketing, said Parra. This uneven growth creates great divisions and the different channels isolate from each other, he explained.

“Currently, connectivity between different channels, from phone calls to digital channels, is crucial. When I call an organization and then send them an email, the company does not know who I am and what the issue is. Unsynchronized channels disconnect communication with the client, but also disconnect the people who work within the organization. Companies must give customer service workers the tools to respond appropriately,” said Parra.

Genesys is a global cloud leader in customer experience orchestration. Every year, it orchestrates billions of “remarkable CXs” for organizations in over 100 countries, according to the company. Genesys leverages cloud, digital and AI technologies to take its vision of empathetic CX at scale. Through Genesys, organizations can deliver proactive, predictive and hyper personalized experiences to deepen their customer connection, said Parra.

In the context of today’s highly competitive landscape, added value is not only created through good products or services, but also by leveraging advanced technologies and providing the best CX through a customer-centric approach, concluded Parra: “You will not be able to focus on the customer if you cannot orchestrate their experience.”

Photo by:   MBN

You May Like

Most popular