Jon Benjamin
Expert Contributor
Jon Benjamin
Ambassador
British Embassy, Mexico City
https://mx.linkedin.com/company/ukinmexico
https://twitter.com/UKinMexico?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
https://www.gov.uk/world/organisations/british-embassy-mexico-city.es-419
0
The UK is building on its body of genomics research to provide resilience against future disease outbreaks, writes Jon Benjamin.
Warren Umoh on Unsplash
News Article
After more than a decade, scientists completed the remaining 8 percent of the human genome.
sala
Analysis
In 2012, the global market for diagnostics represented US$45.6 billion and is expected to grow by 7% annually over the next five years.
There are many companies that, having begun as SMEs in the US and having a solid base early on, are becoming huge success stories.
News Article
Throughout the human population, the genome contains similarity of up to 99.9%. The remaining 0.1%  is made up of around three million SNP.
Dr. Gerardo Jiménez Sánchez
View from the Top
Dr. Gerardo Jiménez Sánchez
CEO
GBC Group
One of the most important achievements of INMEGEN so far has been sequencing the Mexican Genome Diversity Project.
Dr. Xavier Soberón
View from the Top
Francisco Xavier Soberón
Director General
INMEGEN
The institute was established in response to the major revolution in biological sciences and in experimental biology in general.
Subscribe to Human Genome Project